Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Power of Mom

As I sit here preparing my seminar on Issues in Palliative Care, I can't help but eavesdropping on my mother making important phone calls to important people (Tan Sri, Menteris, Aunties, they're powerful too, and now shes trying to get to the local MP) though I have no real idea who exactly she is calling.
My house is situated right beneath a construction project on top of a hill behind my house. They are building an 8 unit apartment. Originally they had a meeting with the residents to discuss the issue. My house was not included as originally the construction was not suppose to take place anywhere near my place.

But it started right above my place.



She is now organizing a horde to deal with the situation. Protests? Lawsuit? I've already photographed a few pics tho none of them good enuff i think.

All this triggered by the recent spate of landslides occurring across the federal state.

But I understand her concern. And its damn right unfair for them to put up a building without consent.

Im just wondering if Im able to participate in the action.

No comments: