Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Plans, To What Ends?

Even before the Pro exam, all I did was plan and plan. Whether they are on paper or just stored in my mind (not very reliable in that case), that's what I did. When I planned, I felt somewhat in control. I at least felt I had a direction to follow.

I had purpose.

Or at least I thought I did.

  • How far did I plan?
  • How much of my plans have I executed?
  • How much have I achieved?
  • Were the outcomes worth it?
  • Were my plans even worth the effort?
  • Are they really important?

I wondered about that today. I couldn't recall the exact events that led me to this thought. Perhaps it was when I went to register for my Hajj. Now I remember. It was when I went to my grandmother's grave did I reflect that I was not prepared for life after death. I did not plan for it. Of course nobody could plan when they would die, but we should all prepare for the eventuality.

It hit me that most of my plans were sort of materialistic, although some important, but I noticed my plans were almost devoid of the development of my spiritual needs. Lacking any real preparations for the Hereafter. After all isn't this world just a transition to the next? A temporary terminal at the airport before the final eternal destination that awaits? Then why bog myself down with things that are insignificant, unimportant?

Again another self reminder of what needs to be done... Perhaps my plan this time should include the ultimate final outcome of my second life which what really matters in the end.


PLAN ---> EXECUTE ---> RESULTS ---> REVIEW ---> REPEAT



--------------------------

No comments: